At this game - January 16, 2010
- Avs win 3 -1
- Claude LeMieux was honored on Alumni Night
- Devils forward Patrick Elias had back and neck injuries after a clean check and had to be carried off the ice on a stretcher. He ended up being okay. It was scary.
- Although he didn't win this game; I got see Martin Brodeur play
- There were three fights in this game.
Plaza of Fame: It has historic placques and columns labeling all the famous events and championships that have occurred here.
In 2009, the Pepsi Center installed the Plaza of Fame - just to the left of the main entranceway. It is paved with bricks with individuals names engraved in them who support the teams played here:
In 2008, the Democratic National Convention was hosted in Denver, CO.
Most of the events happened here at the Pepsi Center.
Here's the entranceway before the doors were opened to allow fans in. This photo was taken from the edge of the Plaza of Fame.
If you would do an about face from the entranceway above, you would see this plaza area. You can see the Rocky Mountains in the background. There used to be a big purple ball in the center of the towers that reflected beautifully in the sun. It was prettier than what's here now.
Inside the arena
This is what you see when you first step through the doors.
- The souvenir shop across the way
- Lots and lots of fans
- The escalators up to the less expensive (but not cheap) seats to the right.
We had seats directly behind the goalie, third level, third row. Actually very good seats.
This was taken right after a face off.
You can see retired #'s:
Not a sellout but a pretty full crowd for this afternoon's game.
- 77 - Ray Bourque
- 33 - Patrick Roy
- 19 - Joe Sakic (retired this 2009/2010 season)
This was a very scary moment.
Here, the medical crew are strapping Patrick Elias (Devils forward) to a stretcher.
One of the three fights this game was after this happened.
The three stars of the game were:
3. Ryan Wilson
2. Chris Stewart - 1 goal; 1 assist
1. Craig Anderson - 37 saves
Here're the double header buddies.
Meg, Andrew, and Ann. I'm the one in the Islander's jersey. You can figure out the other two.